Similar to many chronic conditions and their symptoms, there is no single cause of anxiety. There can be a number of factors which can be common causes for anxiety. To get the best treatment for anxiety and panic attacks, it is vital to know the common causes of anxiety firsthand.
Anxiety can be triggered by many factors. Here are just some of the common causes for anxiety:
1. Medical experts believe that anxiety proves an imbalance between neurotransmitters norepinephrine (the body’s natural adrenaline rush indicating the “fight or flight” response) and serotonin (the “calm-down” messenger signaling that the crisis is over). According to theory, when the body create too much norepinephrine and too little serotonin, the “off” switch gets stuck in the “on” position casing you to have anxiety and panic attacks.
2. Lack of neurological balance is one of the common causes for anxiety. Such as, anxiety can be related and caused by GABA deficiency, an amino acid found in the central nervous system acting as an inhibitory neurotransmitter. Furthermore, over-secretion of hormones from the thyroid or adrenal gland plays a vital part during anxiety disorders since they are responsible for the anxiety feeling and symptoms.
3. Inadequate diet and/or indigestion causing lack of nutrition can be among the common causes for anxiety. Low mineral levels, namely magnesium and zinc, have been inadvertently linked to having anxiety. Lacking B vitamins, particularly the vitamin B-12, may be compelling factors to the progression of anxiety disorders.
4. Certain medical and recreational drugs, either as a side effect or from withdrawal are also common causes for anxiety. These drugs include caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, cold remedies, decongestants, bronchodilators for asthma, tricyclic antidepressants, cocaine, amphetamines, diet pills, ADHD medications, and thyroid medications.
5. Going through hard times, trials and distress as part of life is one of the most common causes for anxiety. either we allow ourselves to be stressed with anxiety and worry or We have a choice; allowing ourselves to be burdened with anxiety and worry or prefer to approach the problem and search for solutions appropriate to our comfort levels. Due to some hurts from the past, a lot of people develop anxiety disorders.
Anxiety, for most people, happens because they worry and concern too much about things that will happen or may have already happened. Anxiety and worry are normal emotions for people to go through, yet it’s vital to know how to handle these emotions positively. Once you think you symptoms of anxiety which lasts for weeks, consider the chance that you have already have an anxiety disorder. Talk with your doctor concerning common causes for anxiety and what treatments is best to be able to control the symptoms and prevent it from taking over your life.